Are erection and constipation be related to each other?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Can there be a relation between full colon or constipation and not maintainig erection?

Am 26 healthy, workout daily and i am stress free.

I can do up to 5 rounds a day and 2-3 a session with my sexual partners. I get morning erections everyday.

However, 1/10 times i get soft erection which is not enough for proper intercourse. And i can only relate to the cause to what i have experienced. After a bowel movement my erectile capacity increase. If am full - whether feeling it or not - i dont get hard sufficiently .. And it was slightly embarrassing.

Can you initiate a relation between empty bowel and hard erections?

I free bowel 1-2 times a day. If i dont it impacts my erection.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Erection and constipation are unrelated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on healthcaremagic.

Let me assure you that what you describe is perfectly acceptable. It is absolutely ok if you do not get a hard on 1/10 cases. There is nothing wrong about it. It is just that your body has not yet geared up completely for the same. Give it some time and it would be fine back again.

Erection has nothing to do with constipation, bowel clearance or empty bowels.

Let me know if I could be of further service.