Are bleeding and pain in lower abdomen after a cone biopsy?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: hi, i had a cone biopsy, curette, they had a look with camera (sorry cant remember what thats called!) and a XXXXXXX implanted about 3 weeks ago, i had some severe cramping when i woke up but that subsided within a day. I stopped bleeding about a week ago but within the last few days i have a cramping pain in lower abdomen. Its quite constant and painful, I feel it constantly, similar to cramping but 24/7, is this normal? or should I go to my gp?
I have no bleeding or discharge
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
COMMON WITH mirena

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
The bleeding and pain is often common post mirena placement in situ, However as the bleeding and discharge has stopped, the cramping shall also subside which is evident of uterine contraction.You may use hot fomentation to soothe the pain and if pain is more then NSAIDS like diclofenac sodium 150mg SR may be used twice a day. You may get it prescribed by your PCP.
If the pain still doesn't subside then probably MIRENA would have to be removed .