Are Noliprel Forte and Valerian the right medication for high BP?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: 59 years old female. Her blood pressure was 170/100 today and we had to call ambulance. She is currently takingNoripril Forte, Katoprik & Valerina
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Her blood pressure was too high and all the measures should be taken to lower the BP below 140/90 mmHg. This is done to lower the risk for future cardiovascular events (heart failure, myocardial infarction and stroke).

If she was my patients I would suggest the following dietary and life style changes:
- reduce salt intake
- reduce alcohol to a glass of vine per day
- loose weigh
- increase physical activity

Moreover I would recommend adding amlodipine and nebivolol to her therapy in order to stabilize her BP. Since this are medications and has several side effects, you should discuss with your doctor about adding these medications to your therapy.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you and your family health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 9 minutes later
Thanks for your quick response. She doesn't drink alcohol at all. She had a EKG and nothing abnormal. Should she get cad scan on her head? Her father passed away from stroke at age of 68
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

It's a good thing that the ECG is normal. If she is experiencing head ache, numbness in head or arms, dizziness or other neurological signs she should get a cad scan on her head.

Wish you and your family health!
Dr. Shehu
p.s: If you have more question to do about her health don't hesitate to ask me again.
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 11 minutes later
Thanks a lot. She has been experincing horrible headaches. Should she suggest the meds you adviced to her doctor? She is in Armenia and i am in US. Do you think those meds are available overseas?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
In case of headache they should do cad head scan to her. You should discuss with her doctors about ct scan and adding the medication that i suggested on her therapy. This medications are available overseas.

Wish you and your family health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 3 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor!!! Your help and advice is truly appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
You are most welcome!
If you are satisfied with my answer please close this query and rate it to maximum.

Wish you and your family health!
Dr. Shehu

p.s: If you want to contact me again you may ask directly to the following link
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=66762
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist