Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Anemic. Hemoglobin 8.6. Symptoms of pneumonia always comes back. Noticed spot on lung. Prescribed blood thinner & Warfarin. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
I have been very anemiac. My hemoglobin stays about 8.6 among other issues. My problem is my Doctors have been treating me for pneumonia for 10 months now, and the symptoms keep coming right back. This past week I went into the hospital again, and they did a cat scan using the XXXXXXX again. When this began I had 1 spot on my right Lung. now I have 8 on right lung & 6 on left lung. A Doctor from a hospital in Chattanooga was there & showed them the spots are blood clots. So they put me on a blood thinner & Warfarin. After a week they never could get my blood count where they wanted it. So they send me to a blood specialist, oh by the way I have a piece of paper to give to all doctors. That says do not draw blood from MR.HUMBLE he is border line anemia. With no BS they drew 13 viles of blood, and sent me home. They said if I feel dizzy or very weak to go back to the ER. I am looking for a Doctor in Chattanooga or VANDERBILT to treat me. Could you help me, or tell me what I should do before they just kill me here in XXXXXXX CITY,TENNESSEE
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 hours later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

Pulmonary emboli seem to be the main cause of concern for you. Most pulmonary emboli resolve spontaneously, only some organize to produce residual obstruction and can lead to resultant pulmonary hypertension in the long run. Medical care is usually aimed at reducing the emboli. It includes anti-coagulation (with warfarin, etc), hematologist. Hematologist will work on warfarin related issues and anemia. Interventional radiologists perform some procedures like catheter directed fibrinolysis in selected patients. Vascular surgeons can also perform a few procedures related to blood vessels like inferior vena cava filters.

I did some research online for doctors in Chattanooga. I think for now you need consultation with a hematologist. Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX at 605 Glenwood Dr, Suite 200 Chattanooga (ph no 423-698-1844) is a hematologist with 20 years experience in the flied. You may want to visit his clinic called as Chattanooga Oncology and Hematology.

Let me know if I can assist you further.


Dr Vaishalee

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor