Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Acne on forehead. How can height be increased?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I never had acne before, but lately i been having alot on my forehead. Does that mean iam still in puberty and do i still have time to grow taller because iam only 168cm? How can i increase my height? I lift weights Too, does it effect height?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 20 hours later
Dear Heshamelleithy,
Thanks for writing in. Normally growth ceases within 3 years after secondary sexual charcteristics appear -that is roughly 3 years after you have entered your puberty. At the age of 19 years epiphyses of limb bones would have completely fused and no more height gain is possible. But 1-2 cms increment in height is possible because of increase in height of our back bones, but that's not much dependent of exercise and diet. You can try stretches, hanging exercises and swimming - may be they can make some difference. Lifting wieghts wont have much effect on height.
Your acne is due to combination of factors - it doesn't mean you are still in puberty.Even adults can have acne acne can occur in adults even if theydidnt have them during their puberty.
I hope I have answered your queries. If you any please dont hesitate to clarify.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor