Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said mild fullness of renal pelvicalyceal system. Further?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Hi Doctor,

I am getting pain right side of my stomach and some time it is moving to back as well as getting dull pain in my right testicle(this pain is getting recently).I went to doctor they have done CT,Urine test and USG scan .They are telling this is the problem because of "MILD FULLNESS OF RIGHT RENAL PELVICALYCEAL SYSTEM".
Could you please let me know do i need to go for any other tests apart from this?
Will this cause pain in testicles? please let me know.
Could you let me know the treatment also for this?

Thank You,
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 37 minutes later

MILD FULLNESS OF RENAL PELVICALYCEAL SYSTEM means there is some inflammation. Because imaging is one time view of the problem- so need to repeat ultrasound of abdomen again in a week’s time.

The exact cause of inflammation needs to be ascertained yet which produced this anomaly. Possible causes are A Stone that started it and then got flushed in urine, another possibility is Genitourinary Tuberculosis, or Urinary tract infection as such.

Overall you need to get a Urine routine examination and culture, get a Matoux test, Quatiferon TB Gold, CBC (Complete Blood Count), RFT (Renal Function Test).

I would like to know if you have fever, if yes at which time of day, any loss of weight recently.

I hope that solved your query. Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said mild fullness of renal pelvicalyceal system. Further? 3 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thank You for your reply.
I am not getting any fever now.But few days(1 month) before i got infection inside because of taking too cold water and food things outside.that time i lost weight.the pain i am getting is Dull.but when it feels in my testicle side (just like needle insert for two seconds)
it is paining.I am walking normally with out any problem but when i sit on the floor bit paining at back and below the novel right side.

Could you let me know any antibiotics which will cure any sort of infection any where of the body?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 51 minutes later
It can be potentially XXXXXXX to take drugs without a firm diagnosis, and tuberculosis is a very strong differential in your case. As a rule of thumb diagnosis should be reasonably reassured before starting anti.T.B. Treatment. There is no antibiotic which would take care of all kinds of infection in the body. The choice of drug would depend on the cause identified.
Please follow my advice and get the investigations as I had suggested.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor