Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

17 years old. Have small penis, broken voice and less body hair growth. Delayed puberty?

Aug 2012
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 362 Questions
Hi, I'm 17 and a half and have been delayed in puberty. I started when I was 15 and changes have occurred extremely slowly since onset. I have coarse thick pubic hair only around the base of the penis. I have been able to ejaculate now for around 3 years. My penis is still fairly undeveloped 4.5 inches when erect and I am unable to retract my foreskin I have no chest hair and my body is still childish with very little muscle development. I have no facial hair and soft skin. My voice has broken and I have a small amount of leg hair but no arm hair and a bit of armpit hair. I believe I have CDGP, but I am not sure. What can be done to speed up the process? And do I require treatment? Please help as this is affecting me psychologically and I'm going to uni in the next 6 months and would like to know some answers. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 4 hours later
Hi there.

The information you have provided here tells that you are going through puberty in right direction and need not worry about the secondary sexual characteristics at the age of 17 though you might be compared with the peers.
A few percentage of people go through this delayed mascular development after the onset of puberty and you need not worry about the university days ahead of you. Please do not try any hormonal treatments yourself as it is absolutely not needed and in fact it can be harmful to you from stunting your height till shutting off your pituitary hormones.
You can try a good balanced diet with gym exercises. Keep patience for next couple of years. Concentrate on your studies. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor