11 week pregnant. Rubella test done at 8th and 11th week. What does the reports says?

Dr. Timothy Raichle

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Hi Doctor,
My wife is 11 week pregnant. At 8th week we got Rubella test done twice and below were results:
Test 1: IgG 64, IgM 1.49.
Test 2 (3 days after Test 1): IgG 62, IgM 0.6
Post which our doctor suggested us that everything is fine.

We got a repeat test done in 11th week and below are the results:
IgG: 54, IgM: 2.03, Avidity: 74

Now we are worried that IgM has come out as positive again, though IgG level has not increased, which suggested that there has not been any recent infection.

Can you please suggest what can we do at this point?

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

As every lab is different, can you please furnish me with the range of normal and abnormal values for IGG and IGM for rubella.

Please forward these and I will get back to you quickly with a definitive answer!