I the MR vaccine supplied by the government safe?
Practically same as MMR
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure that the MR (Measles Rubella) vaccine supplied by the government is completely safe and you can go for it. It is similar to the MMR vaccine but after the likely age for mumps is exceeded MR is given as a booster. Yes, she needs this dose as a booster. Unless you give the booster, the immunity from MMR would not get augmented. If somehow she received an MMR instead of MR, the benefits would be the same .
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scheduled ivf treatment are vaccinations safe
- Are yellow fever vaccine safe for sperm
- Is dtap vaccine safe
- Tamilnadu government baby vaccination schedule
- Is allergex safe for baby after vaccination
- Government vaccination centre in vasai east
- Is pcv vaccine safe for infants
- Is painless vaccination safe for an infant
- Child vaccination chart government hospital
- Dpt vaccine during cold safe