1 month pregnant. Scan showed enlarged utreus with a sac in its cavity. Is this normal?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: dear sir ,
i am XXXXXXX from delhi.i want to know about early pregnancy.bcoz i am pregnanant .last 11-11-12 i took one ultra sound they report to me the utreus is enlarged with a sac in its cavity .no fetal pole or cardiac activity is seen at the present.a yolk sac is seen and appears to be normal in size and shape.the gestaional sac measures 14*14*10mm (lmp 05-11-12)
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
if your lmp is 5-11-12,then no way can you come up with a pregnancy on usg dated 11-11-12.Check the dates.On the other hand,if the usg was done 11-12-12,then you are approx 5-6 weeks pregnant.In that case,by usg you would be accurate.Fetal pole and cardiac activity appear only after 6 completed weeks.You can repeat the usg after 3 weeks. I suggest that you check your dates again.
Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 hours later
sorry madem ur correct.last 11-12-12 i took the ultra sound
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Repeat the usg after 3 weeks.Ideally there should be a fetal pole and cardiac activity by then.