Hello dear Sir/Mad.
Thank you for asking on HCM!
I have gone carefully through your concern for your mum.
• I would like to inform bye you ,and I have some queatations :
• Let me know please?
• How many old is your mum?
• Let me know is she diagnoses with hyperthyroidism
• Is she undertreatment?
• I would like to know what’s your mum feel?
• Did her hands shake with tremors?
• Did she feel dizzy.
• It's hard to catch her breath.?
• Did she break out in a sweat?
• Did she feel her heart skipping beats, racing, fluttering, or pounding.?
• How long she feel palpitations?
• Can you tell me if she has done any test to diagnosed palpitations?
• The typical tests that she must to be are:
• Blood work - to check for anemia
, thyroid disease
and or electrolyte issues
• Chest x-ray
– an ultrasound
of the heart structure
• Electrocardiogram - to check for heart abnormalities
• Holter monitoring – check for heart rhythm abnormalities
You are telling that your mum have thyroid problems:
• Another question to discuss with your endocrinology doctor is her TSH level
, and T3 levels. Did she is on thyroid hormone replacement
• But if she is on too high a dosage of thyroid hormone replacement, and her TSH is in the lower end of the normal range, or her T3 is high or in the higher end of normal, she may be borderline hyperthyroid due to overmedication.
• If your mother having periods of hyperthyroidism due to Hashimoto’s disease or toxic nodules, better treatment for her condition may resolve her panic and heart symptoms.
Please :My advised is to consoult with cardiologies and endocrinolog after these egzams.
Hope that i answered your concern.Don”t hesitation to ask me for futher information.