Suggest diet plan for Graves Disease when on the medication eltroxin and methimezole

Hi sir, i have the Graves Disease (its autoimmune disease) since august 2010, i m on the medication of the eltroxin and methimezole since then. I have started the regular practice of the yoga since last five months or so.but i need a diet plan. So could you help me out to deal with the Dietry changes that i need to make in food
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Normal diet. Detailed Answer: dear XXXXXXX Hi! as you have rightly mentioned that graves is an auto immune condition it is not affected by diet. you are on block and replacement regimen as you are taking both elteoxin and methimazole. just try to achieve and maintain euthyroid status and be on a healthy diet. eat a lot of fresh fruits and green vegetables. take regular intake of dairy products like milk and milk products. regards!
Follow-up: Suggest diet plan for Graves Disease when on the medication eltroxin and methimezole 1 hour later
Ok, there is one more thing i wud like say madam. there seems like i have created a blunder of myself.I told u that i have been doin the yoga(esp.halasana,kapalbhati,matsyasana,etc).Well i started this last five month or so and the result was that i had the TSH level 25.92 before the five months but in the very next visit the my TSH level became 6.12.Well u will see its shown the improvement.So did my doctar said to me.But yes i DIDNT TELL HIM that i did the yoga during these period of the medication.And seeing that my levels wer gud he reduced my Methimez to 5mg.But i missed few days of the yoga with 5mg dosage for the few days but my symptons of the hyperness started more. i mean my eyes started comming out as they use to come i increased my dosage of the methimez again to 10mg without the doctor advice. but thing is i m feelin gud with these dose. Also recently las t few weeks ago i was put on the calcium course due to bones pain of my knees.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Do a fresh test and get back to me. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX as I told you , you are on block and replacement regimen, here we play more with thyroxine i.e. replacement dose and keep the block same i.e. methimazole. so please continue same mmz 10 mg and do a fresh thyroid profile also tell me your thyroxine dose so we can do the necessary adjustment. continue your yoga. Regards!
Follow-up: Suggest diet plan for Graves Disease when on the medication eltroxin and methimezole 2 days later
hi doctor,good day! as per ur suggestion i did the fresh TSH test.The result is TSH is 3.27 which between the normal range of the 0.5 and 5.5.So wat next?Shud i continue with the dosage of 10 or lessen it?shud i continue doing the yoga?Also i had to ask like seening, the effect of the side effects of the medicine shud i opt for the alternative medicine like ayurveda?
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 days later
Brief Answer: continue same plan Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I would suggest continue the same plan and continue yoga. do not sswitch to ayurveda. Regards!