Diagnosed with Grave's Disease, thyroid treated with radio-active pill, on Eltroxin. Difference between Eltroxin, Diotroxin ?

Hello Doctor !Ayear ago I was diagnosed with Grave s Disease, The Thyroid was treated with a radio-active pill and I went on to Eltroxin , I had lost 28 kg in 2 months , but am feeling great now (exept when I stopped taking the Eltroxin for 3 weeks.) A very good friend of mine, had her thyroid removed through surgery 35 years ago, and she uses Diotroxin .What is the difference, as we both suffered from the same Hyperthyroidism , Although I do not think that she had Graves.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012