Have under active thyroids, given Synthroid, levothyroxine sodium. Is this medicine generic?

I have underactive thyroids my doc give me SYNTHROID 0.075 MG LEVOTHYROXINE SODIUM
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Your doctor has prescribed synthroid 75microgram (0.075mg) to treat underactive thyroid. Levothyroxine sodium (the generic name) is the chief ingredient or active component of synthroid.

The prescribed medication is appropriate, however your dose needs to be titrated as per your TSH values i.e. thyroid hormone needs.

I hope this is what you were looking for. If you were looking for something else, let me know, I can address them.

Best Regards