Wants to postpone periods. Prescribed meprate medication. Any side effects on fertility?

I want postpon my periods for 5 days i have new house warming ceremony pooja. every month 3 to 5 days before my periods strats I have regular periods. I have 3years baby also in couple of months I am planing next baby .today I consult a doctor she gavin me meprate 10 mg. ( medroxyprogesterone acetate tablet )10 tablets for 10 days every night 1 I am in confusion shall I take tables or not in future I will any side affects please give replay.plase tell me side affects I read so many problem wil face.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012