Poor mental health. Using olepra medication, weight gain, irregular periods. Side effects of medication?

Hi Doctor ; My wife is a 38 years old lady.She is using tablet Olepra 2.5 mg ( Olanzapine ) for the last about three years being psycho patient ( Illusion ). There are certain negative side effects of this medicine like gaining weight and stoppage / irregularity in menses (periods).Can you please advice regarding solution of said side effects. Is there any other latest medicine for this disease having no such negative side effects.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012