Swelling in the legs, ankles and feet after long hours of travel. Hysterectomy done in past. Taken water pills

Age 50, had Hysterectomy 2004.Everytime I fly in plane and now I rode in a car for 5 hours to go on a cruise, my lower legs ankles and feet were swollen, my lower legs and ankles and feet were swollen pretty bad, by morning after sleeping the swelling was gone, by the night time they repeated being swollen. What can I do to solve the problem, gone to doctor, gives me water pills, for a few days. But won t refill them until I have the problem again.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012