Swollen ankles, feet, sleepwalking. No relief on elevating, icing. History of stroke. Treatment?

i am 46yrs old female, last night for the first time I was sleepwalking. Last week or so my ankle and feet have been swallen. been taking my water pills and elevating my feet. my left side is swallen from the calf down while my right side is barely swallen. Any suggestions on the cause? Even with following my doctors instructions, it is NOT decreasing in being swallen. I did have a stroke like 8 years ago and tests have shown a difference between my left and right side; right side has been weaker. Let me know what the cause could be and what will my doctor do since water pills and elevating an icing hasn t helped at all.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012