What is the cause for increase in blood pressure while on ACE inhibitor and Lysinopril?

HI, My blood pressure actually went up while on Lysinopril and I developed a dry, hacking cough which is a side effect of the med. Why would my BP get higher while on an ACE inhibitor? Do I need to make sure I drink more water?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, Dry cough is a well-known side effect of Lsinopril or other ACE-inhibitors. There are many factors causing high BP : - the monotherapy is not giving positive effect; thus, must start another drug such as diuretic (usually prescribed valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide -co-diovan) - perhaps you are not following a strict diet - passing a stressful or anxiety period Hope it answered to your query! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! Dr.Benard