I accidentally swallowed a quarter while playing a game of quarters last night which is a drinking game. I felt fine until I woke up today with chest pain . I went to the hospital and the doctor said the pain is probably just coming from the drinking and the quarter will pass naturally. I find it highly unlikely that the pain is not being cause by the quarter somehow. Is it possible that the quarter scratched the bottom of my esophagus some how and now excess stomach acid from drinking last night is giving me heart burn and that s what I m feeling? The pain was at about a 6 or 7 earlier and now has gone down to about a 2 or 3. It seems to be affected by different things I swallow as well. Milk and water seem to ease the pain. I tried eating a banana and that made the pain so bad I couldn t finish it. That s the only thing I ve eaten.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012