Excessive stomach acid, chronic gurgling, squirting noises in abdomen, prescribed bentyl, advised endoscopy. Is this necessary?

I am a 41 yr old female who just saw a GI doctor today for excessive stomach acid and chronic gurgling; squirting noises in abdomen. He prescribed Bentyl(?) and wants to do an endoscopy . Is this procedure necessary? I have no pain or burning just noises that i cannot control that go on 24/7. Nexium doesn t quiet them nor does phenergan. Should I have the procedure done anyway or get 2nd opinion? He says gastritis or possible IBS but do those things start as suddenly as my symptoms did?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  377 Awaiting Answer