Suffering from IBS. Mucus in stools. Taking normaxin. Any side effects?

I am suffering from IBS for the last 30 years. I am currently 60 years old. I have no abdominial pain, but I never have a clear bowel movement, although I go to the latrine twice every day. My stool is not soft or runny, but I always have a discharge of a lot of mucous after the bowels- which irritates me the most. As a result I am unable to travel to many places. I am currently taking Normaxin-RT(Chlordiazepoxide/Clidinium Bromide/Dicyclomine Hydrochloride/
Ranitidine) for 6 monthes. I would also like to know how long one can consume 'Normaxin RT'? Are there any side-effects if one consumes 'Normaxin-RT' for a prolonged period? I would like to mention that I have proper control over my diet, and avoid milk-containing foods.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013