Sore in mouth, tongue, lips, taken valtrex and vitamin C tablets

I use a mouth guard I purchased @ Target off and on. For the last two to three months I have been experiencing sores (like canker sores) in my mouth. Mainly on my tongue but lips feel like they have small sores under the lining of my skin. I have been to the doctor several times. They have prescribed Valtrex, Vitamin C tablets , taken blood to check my levels. Everything seems to check out fine. I stopped using the guard and then used it this past friday and my mouth has felt progressively worse since friday. Any suggestions???????????
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012