Rheumatoid arthritis, knuckle pain on hand, high RA factor and cyclic citrullinated peptide, body aches, taking hydroxychloroquine

Hi there. I was recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritous. I had went into my family Dr. 10 days ago complaining of knuckle pain on my right hand - and some tighting in my hands in the morning. He ran some blood work which came back with a very high RA Factor of 813. He then sent me to a Rheumatologist who again drew more blood to verify. I just got the report in the mail today and the two tests for RA confirm that I have it. My question is this - is this FOR SURE RA and nothing else? Everything came back normal except for the Rheumatoid Factor was at 350 (it shows the normal range would have been 0-14) and then the Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide AB came in high too at 185. I am worried sick - I am young, 32 years old mother of 3 toddlers. A few weeks ago it was just tightness, then my knuckles started hurting on just my right hand - now yesterday I noticed my left hand nuckles hurt and my ENTIRE body aches. How fast is this going to attack me? Everything I read seems to be awful. How serious is this? My Dr. did start me on hydroxychloroquine for now; but I am told that can take 2 mths to show if it works?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012