Having RA and osteoarthritis. Taking Norco for pain. Can take ibupofen and Pennsaid?

Dr. thinks wife has RA. Does have osteoarthritis. Taking Norco for pain. Can she take ibupofen at at same time?

Can she also use Pennsaid at same time
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 23 minutes later

Thanks for using XXXXXXX
Your wife is having multiple medical problems; I can understand her suffering due to pain.

If she is suspected to have Rheumatoid arthritis it should be tested by RA factor (Quantitative) and Anti CCP antibodies (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies).

She is using combination of Paracetamol and Hydrocodone; I presume it must be helping her in reducing pain.

Other anti Inflammatory like Ibuprofen and Diclofenac may not be tolerated by her as she has COPD hence can aggravate her breathing problem so please avoid them.
Yes Topical Pennsaid can be used.
Please continue all her medicines as per advice of Physician.
I hope this information helps, I would be glad to answer your follow up query if you have any.

With Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.