Resurfacing pain on the tailbone post a bad fall causing difficulty in standing, walking, aggravates on sitting. Feeling of hard things on the top of cleft. What could it be?

Hello, About 3 months ago i slipped on my decking outside and landed pretty hard on my backside, the following days were agony on my tailbone area. Eventually it got better and returned to normal. However, about 6 days ago the pain came back and occasionally it is excruciating. I can walk and stand with little pain, lying down on my back is often worse than sitting. Visibly, i look no different but there seems to be two hard things on both sides at the top of the cleft. These are not too painful to touch. the area is not warm or red and there is no visible lumps . I was hoping you might have a general idea of what it might be and suggest whether i should go to the hospital? Many thanks for the time taken to read my email, much appreciated. Kind Regards, Emily
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012