Having muscle pain from back till neck and pain during bowel movements. What is the remedy?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi I am a 49 year old woman was on the trampoline with a small child to show him how to jump and sit and land on his feet again but when i jumped and sit my buttocks hit the sement only realizing then the trampoline was too low I felt instant pain in my back and my wind was out had to crawl on my hands and feet to get out. Muscles are pain full from bottom to almost to the neck and also in front have problems with bowel movement pain full and have diarrhea. I am climbing 2 flights of stairs about 8 times a day and this is causing more pain. Don't know how to sit because then I feel numbness in my hips and legs
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow these measures for relief from the symptoms Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain. Follow these measures for relief from the symptoms: *Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain * Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area * Moist heat application to relax the muscles * Local application of muscle relaxant gel * Analgesic medications as needed * Avoid sitting down for long periods of time. When seated, avoid to sit on hard surfaces and alternate sitting on each side of the buttocks will help. Also, lean forward and direct your weight away from the tailbone. * You can also use a "doughnut" cushion or pillow to sit on. This cushion has a hole in the middle of it to prevent the tailbone from contacting the flat surface. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care Warm Regards