Have osteoporosis of hip and spine. Could I take advil in combination with the hydrocodon-acetaminophen?

Apr 2014

I fell and hurt my back. X-rays of the spine and pelvis show no breaks or fracture, but I am having lots of pain. I do have osteoporosis of the hip and spine. The pain is the worst when I first get up in the morning. It is centered right around my tail bone. My doctor gave me hydrocodon-acetaminophen 5-300 to take twice a day. It does not seem to be helping. Can I take advil in combination with the hydrocodon-acetaminophen and see if that helps. I also have stage one primary billiary cirrhosis .
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes,you can take advil additionally. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes,you can take advil additionally if hydrocodon-acetaminophen 5-300 combination is not working.You should additionally take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before food because advil may cause gastric irritation. Primarily you should take rest.It will give you a lot of relief. As you have pain in tail bone so X-ray of coccyx bone(lateral view)should be taken to exclude any fracture.It is separate view to assess coccyx bone.Coccyx bone is not properly assessed in X-ray of pelvis bone. If there is any fracture,it can be managed accordingly. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX