Red patches on legs, applied hydrocortisone cream. What can this be?

The skin on one of my legs (upper thigh) started to hurt and that same feeling was all around my waist . This started after a hot day outside and I was moving some furniture. Then a day later 4 red patches started to appear and little bumps started to come out and they look like air bubbles. It has been about a week and it seems to be getting worse and I don t know what it is. I thought it might be a heat rash but now I don t know. I tried putting some alchohol on it and some hydrocortisone anti itch cream as well as some triple antibiotic plus cream but it does not seem to be getting better. What can this be and should I be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012