Sore penis after having sex. Applied hydrocortisone cream. Herpes or friction burn?

My girl and I had some pretty rough sex sessions a week ago and I had a spot that was rubbed raw just below the condom line on my penis . It scabbed over, but the scab kept coming off. 2 days later, a small patch of blisters formed underneath the sore. Then a few days ago, more little blisters began to form in the area as well. I have used hydrocortizone cream, as well as jock it cream, and the blisters have seemed to scab over, while the sore is slowly starting to heal. It appears that the blister like rash is slowly spreading. Is this herpes , friction burn , or another type of reaction? The blisters itch , but nothing is painful in the area.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013