I have a very bad dry cough for 3 weeks

Hi I ve been sick now for 3 weeks. It first started with a soar throat and cough. Now its just a very bad dry cough . Please tell me what to do....
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
your cough appears to be allergic in nature.You will be benefited with a course of antibiotics , antihistaminics and cough syrup.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic.You seems to be having bad throat.Try to take more amt.of liquids,hot one are better.Do warm water gargles and take steam inhalation once or twice daily,you need take some cough syrup and avoid cold drinks, and heavy fried foods.For pain you can take tablets of acetaminophen.If persists pl.see your family doctor.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
unproductive irritant cough need be supperessed so that bouts of cough donot trigger. Ayurveda offers cure with cough syrups like Crux [ ban] it has tulsi as one of the ingredients 2 tsf tds along with sitopladi churan 100mg. in honey one tsf mix it and lick it. or a ready made preparation in the name of honitus [ dabur] is available. have hot water and use tab. kanth sudharak vati for sucking.