Has cold and cough. What dosage of Wikoryl syrup is appropriate?

Feb 2013

My daughter is 6 months old and has cold and cough today. What dosage of Wikoryl syrup is appropriate for her? Is it related to her weight?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dose depends on weight.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

For infants medications are usually suggested in the form of drops.

I suggest you to give Wikoryl-AF drops instead of syrup.

Wikoryl contains paracetamol in addition to cold and cough medication. Wikoryl-AF contains only cold and cough medication.

As your daughter doesn't have fever, Wikoryl-AF drops are enough.

The suggested dose of Wikoryl-Af drops in a 6 months old child is 6 drops (corresponding to 0.3mL). This dose can be given every 8th hourly.

Yes, the dose is related to her present weight.

As this is a prescribed drug, I advise you to give it with prescription from the pediatrician after a complete clinical examination.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.