Having major cramps. Prescribed painkillers, anti-inflammation medication. Root cause of problems?

Hi, I m a female almost 55 years old ... For the past 3-4 weeks I have had pain - I can describe the pain as major menstral pain / cramps..... Pretty constant. I had a co poets hysterectomy about 20 years ago because of Fibro tumers. - my doctor first treated me as if it was a UTI - with antibiotics - did not take care of my problem. - next they did a CT scan of the abodomon and pelvic area..... Found nothing. - my Dr prescribed pain pill and anti-Inflation medication.... Which I really don t want to take either .... I just to know what the root cause of my pain. I don t want to mask the symptoms. What could be going on with my body??? For the most part I am very active and very healthy.... What could be going on with me any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013