Function and side effects of mini contraceptive pill and combined contraceptive pill?

I have recently visited a sexual health centre to discuss the contraceptive pill . I was given a prescription of the combined pill but, on reading the leaflet enclosed in the pill box, I noticed the list of side effects. It seems that the mini-pill has a lot less side effects than the combined pill. I was wondering to what extent this was true. I also wondered if there was any advantage in the combined pill and why the majority of women chose this over the combined. Is there any gain to be had from the worse side effects when the mini-pill can do the same job? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012