Disc prolapse, shoulder pain. MRI shows cervical lordosis, bulge, nerve root compression. Treatment?

I have been diagnosed for Disc prolapse on L 6-7 left shoulder and left arm pain for the last 1.5 months. I was treated with pain killers and now been asked to do neck exercises. At the begnning situation was improved and I started the neck Exercise. When I do the exercise I expereince pain which I didnt have for the last couple of days. When I consulted the doctor he advised to take Dicloran 75Mg for one week to manage the pain during the exercise. Is pain is natural during exercise? Please advise. Thank you. The diagnosis of MRI Loss of cervical lordosis Left paracentral extrusion of C6-7 disc with nerve root compression Right Paracenral bulge of C5-6 disc with nerve root compression
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012