CT scan of left lungs reveled some white spots on chest. Treatment going on. It is some kind of infection. Not having TB, cancer or pneumonia

Hello sir, my self Ravika Rajput,sir my father is having a problem in his left side chest part.His treatment is going on in jabalpur .His citiscan report says that in his left side lungs their are some white spots ,doctor Bharani from jabalpur hospiital says that it is a kind of infection but he dosent able to tell about this infections clearly first he asked us for many test, the test reports says that he is not having tb nor cancer nor pnumonia .We dont no what to do now please give us some advise regarding his treatment.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Hi Ravika,
Thanks for writing in.
First of all, I would like to emphasize that a diagnosis can only be made after correlating clinical findings with Xray /CT scan findings. Secondly, a diagnosis like TB/Cancer/Pneumonia can only be ruled out after the clinical symptoms have been correlated with the investigations. To be able to help you better, I would need to know the symptoms that your father has.
Other causes of white spots in the lungs on CT scan can be interstitial lung disease, benign tumours, hypersensitivity pneumonitis , rheumatological disorders, sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.

The treatment can only be decided once we know the cause.
Hope this helps.