2 year old, frequent upset tummy, sometimes constipated. On gluten free diet, takes multi vitamins. Cure for symptoms?

Hi my son is 2 years old and is waiting for an autism assesment. The process is very long and i have been to the doctor several times reguarding his upset tummys. He is sometimes constipated, once every two weeks mostly. Every day he has 'messy nappy's' and I am starting to get really concerned that if this is not looked into there could end up being perminent damage as this is not normal for a person to have upset tummy's this often. I have put my son on a gluten free diet 3months ago and have seen a significant improvement in his behaviour. but no improvement in his bowels so I am wandering could he be lactose intolerant? should I try a lactose free milk etc? Is there anything I need to know or give supliments if I do this? my son takes muliti vitamins everyday. Would love some advice as going around in circles with some doctors as im sure with autism upset tummys go with the territory but im not giving up until I find a cure for him. Thankyou.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013