Have a bowel movement with mucous discharge, bleeding sometimes. Itching and soreness in rectum. Suggest?

I have a bowel movement every time I go to the bathroom. Very soft and some mucus discharge. Bleeding on an occasion. Lots of itching and soreness in the rectum. I have been using Preperation H wipes and creams for several months and just will not heal. I also went gluten free in January because of painful and swelling joints. It has helped with that and also had a lot of gas and bloating before I went gluten free which went away. But now am having this other problem.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is highly likely to be Diverticulitis...
You need to have Colonoscopy again, as early as possible - to look for infection and to rule out malignant changes / 3 years is a long gap and should be repeated / Consult your Gastro-enterologist...
Long term use of steroid creams is also not good for the skin.
You also should get your blood counts done / and stool examined -

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck