Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for a torn frenulum?

what is the treatment for a torn frenulum?
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
stop bleeding, wound care/circumcumcision

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this problem.

The treatment depends on what is going on right now.
If you are bleeding much from this site, then apply pressure to the point and seek medical attention right now.

If it has happened and there is a wound, then taking care of it is an option to consider. However, healing may take weeks and scarring is often a complication. This compromises mobility of the foreskin and can interfere with normal sexual activity.

The best option here is adult circumcision. If you have no worries getting circumcised, then this is the best solution for you. However, if you cannot accept circumcision for one reason or the other, then caring for it as a wound and hoping for the best outcome is the next best option.

I will suggest that you get consulted by your doctor. Together, you will make the best decision given the extend of the lesion and your preferences.

I wish you the best of outcome. If you have any further question,, please ask me and I will gladly address them. Thanks once more for this opportunity.

Dr. Ditah, MD