Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bruised with black and blue sort of colouring around tip of penis. What is this?

My girlfriend and I were masturbating and when I was done I noticed that the head of my penis looks almost bruised, with black and blue sort of colouring around the tip. I have never masturbated like this before it felt like she was holding the base and pulling up towards the tip very hard. I'm somewhat concerned if this is some sort of permanent injury or just blood that was pushed to the top and might go away at some point?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Most likely only a temporary phenomenon Detailed Answer: Hi, I hope the prepuce or foreskin is in it's normal location, because once in a while we do come across patients who have their foreskin trapped behind the glans after sexual intercourse and just does not recede back to it's normal location. If this is the issue, you need to see some surgeon straightaway. However, if you are circumcised or if the issue is only with the glans penis (which is the pink bulbous tip of the penis) and the foreskin is normal, it is unlikely to be anything hazardous. What you have described looks like almost certainly like a temporary phenomenon, and I suggest you abstain from further sexual encounters till the penis is totally pain free and all the bruising has disappeared. This is to ensure that you do not develop sequelae such as plaques on the shaft of the penis which might cause curvature and pain of the phallus on erection which could be quite troublesome. cold compresses might be effective if you have pain, and ointments containing Heparin could be useful to resolve the bruising early. Hope I have been able to help you.