Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it normal to have foreskin attached to penis and is ot pulled back?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi Dr, I am 25 year old. Wasn't aware before if this is problem or normal. Foreskin is attached to the penis head(lower) and cannot pull it back completely. No problem so far, but can it cause problems in sex life. Not aware as I din had sex yet. If it is a problem, how can I cure it? Also help with some local name in navi mumbaiPlease answer.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: This is what is callaed Phimosis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have difficulty in retracting foreskin over glans penis .This is called as Phimosis. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem 1)Do you get pain while attempting to retract foreskin? 2) Are you able to retract foreskin over head of the penis when the penis is erect ? This needs to get confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist. If confirmed you will need to get circumcised .This is simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a day care procedure and will offer permanent solution to your problem. and will help to have enjoyable sexual life in future. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Is it normal to have foreskin attached to penis and is ot pulled back? 7 hours later
Hello Dr, thanks for quick response. Answer to your questions- I dont feel any pain when its erect. Yes if i try to retract it over head, it gives pain. To add more, foreskin is attached to the lower end of head with a thread (dont know what it is called)some 3-4 cm in width. Will this cause problem in sexual life? Isnt there any natural/non surgical solution? What do you exactly mean by getting circumcised? Please help.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You have band of adhesion. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. based on detail fact that you have posted now it is clear that that you have a band a band of adhesion between frenulum and glans penis. This will give pain when penis gets erect due to s being stretched and may get injured during intercourse and may cause bleeding. It is advisable to get this band excised under local anaesthesia, It is a very simple procedure and takes only 5 -10 minutes.This will help you to avoid it getting injured while having sex with your partner. Thanks and Regards. Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Is it normal to have foreskin attached to penis and is ot pulled back? 3 hours later
Thanks Sir. Can you please help with the risk in this treatment and how long it will take to heal post treatment? Also a approximate cost? Please help me with some local trsutable name in XXXXXXX or navi mumbai to get it cured. Awaiting yohr reply. Thanks a lot.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no risk at all. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. There is no risk at all.The cost should not exceed more than 4-5 thousands in Mumbai.It will heal up within a week. You can consult any general surgeon near by. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Is it normal to have foreskin attached to penis and is ot pulled back? 5 hours later
Thanks a lot Sir, i hope by healing within a week you mean total healing and I can attend office very next day. Please answer. Can you also please tell me if i should visit a general surgeon or a urologyst?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You can attend office even on the same day. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. You can consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist who so ever is available near by to you. You can attend office even on the day of surgery. It will take one week for complete healing. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.