What can be done to treat body ache, diarrhea and nausea?

four 4 days i have had body aches my insides around feel like there on fire, i have chills an sweats, diarrhea and nausea
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Follow-up: What can be done to treat body ache, diarrhea and nausea? 8 minutes later
also i took my percocets that day then i went with friend and drink with them and that when it all started. I would think i would be over any really painfull physically withdrawls by 4 days.
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. Percocet contains oxycodone and paracetamol. Oxycodone is an opioid analgesic and when alcohol is consumed with Percocet then it causes side effects like nausea, GI upset, tachycardia, anxiety, fatigue, dry mouth, diarrhea, chills and hot flashes. This is because it causes additive effects when used in conjunction with alcohol, other opioids, or illicit drugs that cause central nervous system depression.

These side effects should go away in a few days. Avoid taking Percocet and alcohol for a few days and drink plenty of water to detoxify the body. The BRAT diet (ie, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) or soft easily digestible semisolid diet can also be taken.

If you start getting any fever along with these symptoms then a gastrointestinal infection (viral and bacterial) need to be ruled out. If the hot flashes continue then perimenopause is an important cause which needs to be evaluated. You are 40 years of age and perimenopausal symptoms like hot flashes, burning feet, irregular periods etc start at this age.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.