What are the withdrawal symptoms for Neurotin?

What are the withdrawal symtons for Neurotin? My daughter quit cold XXXXXXX and has been having panic attacks, burning skin and stomach pain. Could this be related to the withdrawal? She does not want to start taking it gaina.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely neurontin withdrawal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read your query in detail.

The medication Neurontin (Gabapentin) is used with other medications to prevent and control seizures. It is also used to relieve nerve pain following shingles (a painful rash due to herpes zoster infection) in adults. Gabapentin is known as an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic drug.

Several case reports have described a possible gabapentin withdrawal syndrome, including symptoms such as irritability, agitation, anxiety, tachycardia, diaphoresis, confusion, disorientation, catatonia, and status epilepticus.

Gradual reduction over a period of weeks or months helps minimize or prevents the withdrawal syndrome. The symptoms of withdrawal resolve within one or two days after the reinitiation of gabapentin.

I suggest you have a discussion with your doctor concerning tapering dosage and stopping treatment.

I hope this helps.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor