Taking fiorinal for years. Suggest good substitute?

Yes , I been taking fiorinal for years. This is the second time this year that I have waited months as they are on back order. Can you tell me when they will be available ( brand and generic) or is there any talk of discontinuing this med? If so what would be a good substitute? I have been on Amerge and Imetrex that were both unsuitable
Thanks, XXXXX
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fiormor, Fiortal, Fortabs, Lanorinal and Laniroif.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

The drug is not banned but because of the company's XXXXXXX issues (not disclosed) their availability has reduced.
Fiorinal is a combination of 3 drugs. Amerge and Imetrex are triptan group of drugs and Fiorinal is entirely different group with NSAID, Barbiturate and caffeine. Since you are well treated with Fiorinal I advice you to continue the same group in the dose advised from your doctor.

Some of the other generics with same combinations are Fiormor, Fiortal, Fortabs, Lanorinal and Laniroif. You can ask for any of them.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.