Taking cerazette for endometriosis. Having heavy period. Should I change my medicine?

Mar 2013
i have endometriosis and to manage it I was on XXXXXXX A few months ago I switched to cerazette but I have been having continious heavy periods for the last few months. I would like to switch back to XXXXXXX but I am not sure which day I should switch over.

Please can you tell me when I can switch over? I have 5 more days of cerazette left.

Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 52 minutes later
Firstly, Cerazette is a progesterone only pill, and it is supposed to cause less menstrual bleeding than XXXXXXX
However, if you are having continuous heavy bleeding on Cerazette, and find XXXXXXX more comfortable, you can definitely switch over to it.
Take the remaining pills of Cerazette, and then wait for your period.
You can start taking XXXXXXX from the 1st or 2nd day of your period.

Take care, and feel free to ask for further questions.
Follow-up: Taking cerazette for endometriosis. Having heavy period. Should I change my medicine? 4 hours later
I have been having non-stop periods for the last 3weeks with Cerazette, so how do I work out the first day? Do I just start XXXXXXX immediately after I finish the current Cerazette strip?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 hours later
If you are having continuous bleeding since 3 weeks on Cerazette, you can start XXXXXXX immediately after finishing the current Cerazette strip.
However, a consultation is in order, as bleeding for 3 weeks non stop on Cerazette is definitely not normal.