Taken Tavanic for hematospermia. Semen turned yellow-orange. Normal?

Urologist
Question
I have recently finished a course of antibiotics to treat an infection that caused hematospermia. I took tavanic for 30 days, but after finishing my treatment, my semen became a combination of yellow and orange. Is this normal, or does it mean that the antibiotic did not cure the infection?
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Welcome to the forum.
You were on the correct antibiotic for this problem. The colour change suggests that the infection is clearing.
Please wait for some more time - about 2 weeks to see if the colour becomes normal.
If not, one more course of antibiotics may be needed.
Best regards,

Follow-up: Taken Tavanic for hematospermia. Semen turned yellow-orange. Normal? 3 hours later
I was thinking about going to the hospital today to provide a sample for a semen culture. It has been roughly 2 weeks since I finished my antibiotics. As a result, is it too early for me to go to the hospital and do this, or is this a good time to do the test and find out whether the infection has cleared or not?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
This is a god time to do the test.

Follow-up: Taken Tavanic for hematospermia. Semen turned yellow-orange. Normal? 48 minutes later
Seems like I still carry the infection, do I continue with the same antibiotic or use another one the bacteria is sensitive to? And since I took tavanic for a month, how long should I take antiniotics for the second time?

Hi

Since there was clinical response, continue the same antibiotic till the results of semen culture are available.

Best regards