Nausea and diarrhea after taking oxycodone. How long oxycodone takes to get out of system?

How long does oxycodone withdrawal last? I have been off it for 13 days and did it very slowly. I am extremely nauseas, have diarrhea, can't eat and I am very weak.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 13 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Oxycodone withdrawal lasts for a maximum of one week period. Oxycodone is to be withdrawn gradually, as you had described. What is possible is you are suffering from protracted withdrawal symptoms probably due to long term use/ large dosage of use till now. You can use benzodiazepines like Diazepam and multivitamin supplements to tide over this period. Maintain adequate hydration. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Addiction medicine specialist
Follow-up: Nausea and diarrhea after taking oxycodone. How long oxycodone takes to get out of system? 17 hours later
Is it normal to be getting worse instead of better after so long?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 58 minutes later
That is valid issue. It is highly unlikely that you keep getting worser. In that case, you would have to get yourself evaluated by a general physician for additional gastroenteritis or other causes of abdominal infection in addition to treatment for oxycodone withdrawal.
Dr Sundar G