Ask a Urologist   »  

How can I retract my penis foreskin?

Hello,I am Male/25 yrs age.I have been having physical relationship with my GF from past 4-5 years;but my penis foreskin does not roll back yet.I even masturbate 2 times a day ,daily.What should i do so that my foreskin rolls down ?/Do i have to get circumsicion ?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Inability to retract the foreskin over the glans penis is a condition known as Phimosis and the diagnosis can be confirmed by means of physical examination only.

The treatment options would be:
A cream containing weak corticosteroid is applied all around the penis and tried to retract the foreskin gradually. If it does not help at all in few weeks time then a surgery called Circumcision is the only treatment option left.

It is a day care surgery and if performed by a skilled surgeon the patient is discharged the same day.

It would be better to see a Physician for physical examination so that after thorough evaluation he can guide you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Follow-up: How can I retract my penis foreskin? 17 hours later
Dr. Mitaly
Good Morning!!!!

If surgery is the only solution ,then is it a painful procedure ,how much time will it take to get operated? , will this affect my sexual life?

One more Question:Is it true that ,when the girl have sex first time,she bleeds?
As in my GF case ,we had sex no of times ,but not once she did bleed,is it normal or there is any problem of any kind?

Thanking you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

Surgery is done under the anaesthesia and is a one day procedure. Patients are usually discharged on the same day and after the surgery pain killlers and other medications are provided for healing. The penis may have redness and swelling which subsides after few days. The surgery has an excellent outcome and does not have any effect on the sexual life infact penetration would be more comfortable after that.

Regarding the bleeding for first time after intercourse it depends if the hymen is broken or not. Hymen breakage can occur not only by intercourse but other activities as swimming, cycling, dancing, masturbation etc. so it is not unusual for a girl not to have bleeding after intercourse.

Hope this answers your query.

Wishing you Good Health!