Have nose itching, nose blockage or congestion, sneezing and watery eye. Given montair. Suggest medicine?

I am 38 years old and suffering from Nose itching, nose blockage or congesation, sneezing, nose running from last 2 years. I also have frequent cough
and wheezing sound Addition to this some time also ear and throat itching and watery eye and itching. also If I contacted with some strong perfume, body spray etc then started nose itching and sneezing. The morning time is bit uncomfortable. Nose blockage is whole day most of the time. . I used to take Certrizine. I have consulted ENT specialist and he given Montair FX (an anti histamine tablet) and nasal spray. That works well .But this is for short term solution. He also advised that there is no medicine for this allergy in allopathy to cure permanently.
Even I have doubt whether it is Asthma or not. My doctor say it is allergic rihnitis not asthma. But due to persistent cough I have this doubt.
How to confirm
Even I wanted to know side effects of long term use of Montair -FX.
Could you please suggest any inhaler and Nasal Spray.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 39 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concerns,

I have gone through available details; you are definitely having allergic Rhinitis as diagnosed by ENT surgeon. Anti allergy medicines do improve your symptoms which also point towards Rhinitis.

You have wheezing which is due to narrowing of airways; apart from persistent cough do you have shortness of breath and seasonal variation.

Bronchial asthma can be confirmed by clinical examination during attack (Wheezing) and getting Lung Function Tests (Spirometry) and response to bronchodilator drugs.

Montair Fx contains montelukast and Fexofenadine which is anti allergic and preventive drug.

Common side effects include Dizziness, fatigue, fever; rash, abdominal pain, hepatitis, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, dyspepsia, other side effects are rare

Tests like complete blood count, serum IGE level, Liver functions, Kidney functions and an x XXXXXXX chest. I would suggest consulting a Chest Physician (Pulmonologist)

Hope I am able to address all your concerns, if you have any doubt please ask me I will be happy to help you.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.