Does a acute liver failure cause pain in lower kidney area?

I dont have any symptoms of a failing liver, like yellowing of the skin or eyes. My urine is clear, not over yellow. My stools are normal. I have drank alot in the past. I'm receiving pressure, a little pain in my lower liver/kidney area front, side, and back. Maybe a kidney stone just beginning? Does a pre-failing liver generate pain?
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Alcoholic Heaptitis might be there. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. I understand your concern. Since you had consumed a lot of alcohol , so chances of alcoholic hepatitis are there , which has a characteristic dragging kind of pain in right upper abdomen where liver is situated. It is not essential that you develop yellow discoloration of eyes and urine , jaundice might be there , but not so significant to appear in eyes and urine. If the pain is in lower right abdomen , it might be because of a kidney stone , but that pain is severe , squeezing , and not dull and boring. It is always better to be sure , i advice you following investigations : 1. Ultrasound whole abdomen with KUB 2. Liver Function Tests 3. Kidney function tests. They will clear the picture , what problem you actually have , and further investigations and treatment would be based on the results. I hope i am able to solve your query , still you have any further query , ask me.
Follow-up: Does a acute liver failure cause pain in lower kidney area? 34 minutes later
What would treatment be for Alcoholic Hepatitis?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get TESTED. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend , i am not saying you have alcoholic hepatitis , i am just keeping it as a possibility. However , as you are saying that you have no yellowish discoloration of eyes and urine , i assume that even if you have , it would be a mild one , which can be treated conservatively. Treatment would depend upon the your ultrasound abdomen and Liver function test results. In stead of getting worried excessively , get your tests done , there are high chances , that you don't have any hepatitis , it might just be a fatty liver or nothing. Get tested , be sure. If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.